The position is that of an Area Sales Manager to be based at Indore . The position reports to the Regional Sales Manager (West).
Direct reports :- Depot Managers, Channel Sales Managers , Sales Officers/Sales Associates
This is a mid-level position in the organisation and has total responsibility for managing the entire sales and marketing function for Madhya Pradesh markets. The role demands proven ability in managing sales force and distribution management which in turn calls for keen planning and implementation skills.
Some of the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
Achieving Sales Target
- The Area Sales Manager will support the Regional Sales Manager in achieving the monthly sales targets in Madhya Pradesh .
- The ASM drives Top-line growth in the area and ensures all key metrices like Fill Rate, Cut Case Supply and OTIF are optimal
- Distributors are appointed by the ASM wherever necessary and track their overall performance on key metrices .
Liasoning with key partner functions:
- ASM will Project monthly demand, dealer wise & article wise to the supply chain team and ensure product availability at the depots through them
- ASM to Implement the agreed credit policy with Customers, both in terms of period of credit (number of days) and value of debtors (Rs Lakhs ).
- ASM to Plan and conduct Retailers meet in the area at defined intervals.
- Carry out Market Study/Research
- Study competitors offering in the market and give continuous input for New Product Development team for development of new articles at required price points.
- Carry out survey through field staff on availability of products in retail side to evaluate Dealer performance in the area
- The ASM is required to assess ATL requirements of the area under him and coordinate with Marketing Manager in rolling it out at desired frequency
- ASM is required to assess the BTL requirement and implement the same on ground
- ASM to Give inputs on formulation of schemes for the concerned region and roll out the promotional schemes ensuring targeted outcomes.
Drive Sales team
- The ASM is responsible for managing the team, motivating them and getting them to deliver their metrices .
- Conduct monthly performance review of CSM/Sales Officers in the area
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post graduate preferably with MBA (Sales & Marketing)
- 8 to 10 years of experience managing the sales function in an Indian FMCG company.
- Comprehensive sales function knowledge, competency in SAP SD module desirable.
- Strong leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in
- Hindi, English, is required
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.